Tips to Save Money
- Clean out your closet and do a clothes swap at work — one woman’s junk is another woman’s treasure.
- Get rid of your home phone if you have a cell.
- Or, if you keep your home phone and get rid of caller ID, call waiting and all the other add-ons.
- Another critical tip to save money is to keep track of how much you reduce your monthly expenses.
- Save something every paycheck. If you have direct deposit get some put right into a separate savings account even if it’s only a few bucks. The trick is doing it immediately before you have a chance to spend it. if it goes in automatically you don’t even see it.
- Decipher between NEEDS and WANTS. Put “wish-list” items on a 30 day list and then re-evaluate. This eliminates impulse shopping.
- Never and I mean NEVER pay full price. You are crazy if you do. Bargin shop.
- Buy quality, timeless items that will last versus the latest trends.
- Buy store brand versus name brand products. Most store brands are really name brand products in a different wrapper.
- The last of the tips to save money – Go to the library. It's nice to ownbooks, but the new library has a great used book store attached to it and you can get hardback books for $1.00 each, paperback for $0.50 and magazines for a dime!